What a Difference an Edge Makes!
You've probably heard about curb appeal, and the increase in property value that a pleasing road-side appearance can bring to your home. To illustrate just one example of how a few hours can bring a whole new look to your property, we decided to start with a simple edging project.
The hot, muggy weather didn't present ideal conditions for a landscape project, but the edge of this flower garden had become a mess. It was nearly impossible to tell where the bed left off and the lawn began. The goal was to make a dramatic difference in the garden's appearance as quickly as possible, and we selected this strip along the road for the most impact.
Despite the intense heat and glaring sun, we officially started the journey of working in the garden and documenting our improvements to develop more content for our Homes and Gardens websites.
If you look closely at the pictures, you'll see the hose in the "before" picture. This is a little trick I learned from one of my garden magazines--to use a hose to design the edge before you begin cutting. I love the ease of trying out difference curves to see which way I prefer before I commit to the real deal.
Here are some quick before and after photos to show today's accomplishments.
More West Michigan Homes & Gardens Info...
- Home and Garden Living Information
- What You Need to Know About Homeowners Insurance
- Hire Licensed & Insured Contractors for Building or Remodeling
- Summer Outdoor Services for your Home, Lawn and Garden
- Pentwater/Hart Home Tour & Used Book Sale to Benefit COVE
- Ludington Petunia Parade Planting
- Celebrate the Goodness of West Michigan Fruits & Vegetables!
- How to Fix Your Muddy Driveway Fast!
- Promote Tree and Shrub Health with Pruning
- Lakeshore Living in West Michigan--Condominium Style!
- Own Property on the Water!
- Now is the Time to Buy Land in West Michigan
- Invest in West Michigan -- Call a Local Real Estate Office
- Beverage Planning for Your Party
- Hamlin Township Transfer Site
- Don't Let Oak Wilt Disease Kill Your Beautiful Oak Trees
- Use Landscape Stone and Rocks to Add Charm to Your Lawn and Garden
- Tips to Help You Run an Estate Sale With Ease
- Annual Gardening Events
- Fix a Torn Window Screen Fast and Easy!